- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Floodplain Dog Days
August 20 - August 21
Join us under the Big Tent at the south end of the lower Willow Creek floodplain for the 2nd Annual Floodplain Dog Days!
Aug 20th & Aug 21st, 2021
8:30am – 2pm and 5:00pm to 8:00pm
In the morning:
- Play in the Mountain Ping Pong Tournament, both mornings 8:30am – 1:30pm. Prizes! Register here.
- Plant a Willow! Bring the whole family and plant the future!
- Join in the Costume Dog Parade on Saturday Aug 21st. Parade starts at 9am. Dog Prizes for Best Costume!
- Learn about Headwaters Alliance’s exciting work in the Willow Creek Watershed.
- Enjoy a $3 hotdog or brat and $5 beer. Sodas and water will also be available.
In the Evening
Grab your lawn chair and come out for Willow Creek After Hours speaker series.
Come early to enjoy a dog and beer and learn more about the home we love!
Speakers from 5:30 – 7:30pm, allowing ample time for panel discussions and audience Q&A.
Friday, Aug 20th – The Wild West of Willow Creek: WCRC, Nelson Tunnel and the Return of Mining to Creede. Long-time Willow Creek Reclamation Committee member Zeke Ward will talk about how the Nelson Tunnel came to be listed; learn about current status of projects underway at the Nelson Tunnel; multi-generational local miner Randy McClure will talk about the return of active mining to Creede and Heather Greenwolf, Headwaters Alliance will speak to creating a Good Neighbor agreement in Creede.
Saturday, Aug 21 – The Mighty Rio Grande; Hydrology, Drought and Downstream Considerations. Join a compelling conversation with SLV Division of Water Resources team Craig Cotton and Pat McDermott, Kevin Terry, Trout Unlimited on solutions for fish and river health; Dr. Kathy James, CU Anshutz, on drought impacts on water quality all framed through the newly released 2020 Rio Grande Hydrology Report.